Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Morning Walk and Thoughts on Digital Scrapbooking

A couple of weeks ago, Kate and I decided to record the morning walk to school, so we can better appreciate the little, everyday things that make life beautiful. This is the layout I made of the walk, using Photoshop Elements and Jessica Sprague's Strawberry Lemonade kit.

I'm having fun experimenting with Photoshop but I want to reassure my scrapbooking friends that I'm not about to give up on real paper. Consider this. Option 1: get together with my friends, drink wine, eat chocolate, and enjoy the tactile pleasure of playing with paper, scissors, glue and markers (just like in Kindergarten). Option 2: spend hours alone in front of the computer, attempting precision operations with an uncooperative mouse and intermittently swearing at the monitor. Now which would you choose? (Given the number of high-tech geeks I know, I'm not sure I want to know the answer.) Well, I've been accused of being a geek myself, but I'm not that anti-social. Indeed, I'd be at Sharon's house this evening exercising Option 1 instead of writing this blog entry if I didn't have to stay home with the kids. (Sharon is my friend and Creative Memories consultant, in that order.)

Nevertheless, the idea of digital scrapbooking intrigues me, and I'm fascinated by the fact that one can (and would actually want to) purchase digital "paper", "ribbons" and "brushes" at a place like Designer Digitals. The truth is, I haven't bought any of these yet, mainly because I'm cheap and am content for now to use all the freebies I can download. But it's just a matter of time before I succumb to paying for virtual paper.

No comments: