Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The 101-in-1001 List

In November, I started my "101 Things to do in 1001 Days" list, based on the ideas on this site. I'm hoping that maintaining such a list will remind me to do the things (small and large) that are important but not urgent - specifically, those things that keep getting put off to another day. I have not posted my entire list. Some items, like my target weight at the end of the 1001 days, are better left out of the public domain. However, I will list 5 of the items that I have completed so far:
  • Watch the 6-hour Pride and Prejudice BBC series again.
  • Try a new kind of cheese. (I tried Wensleydale, popularized by Wallace & Gromit.)
  • Go with my family on a ski vacation. Try to enjoy it. (I did.)
  • Keep an indoor plant alive for at least 6 months.
  • Go an entire week without eating out. (Man, this was tough!)
... and 5 of the items still to do:
  • Finish Julia's quilt. (I've been working on it for only 5 years.)
  • Take another train trip ... anywhere.
  • Finish a New York Times Sunday crossword.
  • Visit Joe and Jill in the Bahamas. Visit Joe and Jill in Singapore. Visit Joe and Jill. (This last one is safest, considering how much they like to move around the globe.)
  • Donate $10 for every item not crossed off by the end date. (This is a way to put a positive spin on failure.)
I've completed 23 of my 101 tasks so far. Stay tuned ...

No comments: