Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Yesterday, I finally finished "Deco Spirits", designed by Mirabilia (Nora Corbett). I'd been working on this off and on for the past five years and had put in over 160 hours. I love the colours but stitching was very tedious at times, with those big patches of white and gray. I learned a good lesson: I will never stitch on 32-count lugana again. I'm OK with 28-count lugana or 32-count linen, but the holes for 32-count lugana were too small for such dense stitching. It gave good coverage but was very tiring to stitch on. Now we have to decide on how to frame the piece and where to place it in the house. Fortunately, Todd likes it too (or at least he felt it was prudent to say so yesterday), so we can display it on the main floor. The cute fairies tend to get relegated to the kids' bedrooms.