Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Craft Update - September 9

I'd missed the last two Sunday craft updates, but I hadn't done much other than knitting while on vacation. I've been working on socks for the girls using a new cotton/wool/nylon brand from Plymouth Yarns, called Sockotta, as well as continuing on a sweater for myself using Kabir from Needful Yarns. I love the designs from Needful Yarns and will have to get more patterns from this company.

Since returning from vacation, I've been working on my digital scrapbooking course, and above, I've added another layout. The design is by Jessica Sprague, and I'm using papers from her Echoes of Asia kit and a "sanded overlay" by Katie Pertiet. This overlay gives the weathered look at the edges of the background paper. The photos were taken by Todd when we were in Beijing.

I also made a trip to the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitter's Fair yesterday. This is a huge event, with many vendors and visitors, some of whom are bused in from other cities in large groups. In past years, I've bought freely but I had to show some restraint this year, as my current yarn stash will keep me busy enough for the next two years. I did pick up more Addi Turbo circular needles, though. These are expensive, but well worth the cost.

No comments: