Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crossed Off #57

On the weekend, I got to cross off #57 on my 101-in-1001 list after watching Gone With the Wind with Laura over two evenings. I'd watched this film about 15 times as a teenager after videotaping it on Betamax, but I'd not seen it for about 25 years now. I wondered if it would be as enjoyable as an adult. It was, though movies are less exciting when you can anticipate every line.

I'd read the novel three times as a teen as well. (OK, so I wasn't a "normal" teenager ....) I never did read the sequel written after Margaret Mitchell's death. If any of you have read it, please reassure me that it won't ruin the memory of the original.

2 comments:

Oma said...

I have read the sequel and it was every bit as good as the original book. In fact, I'm surprised that it hasn't been made into a movie as yet.

Crafty Craken said...

I read the book probably 2-3 times also. As a teenager. Hmm, we should be family...